Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - Dogs on events

Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Sun 10th Feb 2013, 9:53
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Seems to have disappeared ?
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 28th Aug 2012, 19:37
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Should this be moved to the Dogs thread on the Bothy?
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2012, 14:47
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Here in East Yorkshire, many Events cross fields with grazing sheep and cows, also some paths are granted special access by farmers just for the Event. It's just so problematical mixing dogs with these animals at times. Also, as I am aware, the Association's Insurance policy can be invalidated by the presence of dogs in certain circumstances.
Author: Lisa Gittins
Posted: Tue 21st Aug 2012, 11:46
Local Group: Merseystride
Would some event organisers please please please consider ralxing the rules on allowing dogs to enter events. I have been an LDWA member for many years and enjoyed many events with my well behaved dog, however i usually have to travel a long way to find one that will accept dogs. I am very restricted in that i cannot enter any events which state no dogs as i cant leave him at home all day while i go out and enjoy myself on a lovely long walk, its just not right without him.
Obviously i understand the reasons why dogs arnt allowed, but surely all outdoor loving dog owners know the responsibilities required, and do keep their dog well under control and clean up after them and even tie them up outside the halls if need be. Please please re-consider so i can enjoy many more LDWA events in the future. If not then can it be clearly stated on all events lists whether dogs are allowed or not, if nothing, then i assume a dog is allowed.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law