Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Shotley Peninsula 50

Author: Jane Audsley
Posted: Mon 27th Aug 2012, 13:52
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
The Shotley 50 will be on 20th July 2013. Details will be on Essex Herts Website shortly.
Posted: Sun 19th Aug 2012, 23:14
According to the posters at the start of the Herts Stroller, the next SP will be in July next year - I'll probably go in for that anyway, although I've already blown my chances of the triple by getting timed out of the Stroller.

Deirdre, thanks for the invitation - I'd seen the Dorset Giant as a possible one, but after the Stroller I'm wondering whether 26 hours would be enough for me to finish 100k! Although I was still feeling fine, 17:00 was the cut-off time for 43 miles and I was half an hour later than that. I've finished two 50s this year (Winter Poppyline and Woldsman) in under 20 hours, so I'm apparently getting slower for some reason. I'm already signed up for the White Cliffs which is 52 in 22, I'll have to see how that goes and if I get timed out again, try to work out what I'm doing wrong!
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sat 18th Aug 2012, 16:38
Local Group: Dorset
Michael, The last one was September 2011. Not sure if it will be in 2013, as I thought it was a three year cycle. This is a brilliant event, full of interesting and unexpected things, with watery views round every corner. It is also FLAT- what a relief, for a change.

If you are in for triple challenges, and can get to the South West, have a look at our Dorset site for next year's Giant in April-100k-the others being Wellington Boot (Cornwall and Devon) and Wye Forest (Bristol and West)
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 16th Aug 2012, 21:52
Local Group: Surrey
Every third year, I think
Posted: Sun 10th Jun 2012, 23:05
Does anyone know when the next edition of this is going to be, please? I've seen the Eastern Triple Challenge advertised as SP + Winter Poppyline + Herts Stroller - I did the Poppyline this year and am intending to enter the Stroller in August, but I wasn't a LDWA member at the time of last year's SP and it's not mentioned on the events list for this year, so I was just wondering when I'd get a chance to complete the triple. Is it only held every 2/3 years?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law