Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Cleaning a water pouch

Author: Arthur Metcalfe
Posted: Sat 1st Jun 2019, 11:45
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Cleaning out a water bottle tube. Push a thin long piece of thin stiff wire through the tube, put a loop on on end tie a piece of string pull through . fastern a small piece of cloth on to one end of string (what you think will be enough) damped pull through gentley this should pull the gunge out. or push a small piece of clough in tube push through with a thin stick (ie Long dowel,or bamboo cane )to push gunge out.
Author: John Barry
Posted: Thu 11th Oct 2018, 14:39
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Milton Tablets. Good enough for cleaning / Sterling baby bottles
Author: Ian Francis Dyer
Posted: Tue 17th Jul 2012, 20:25
Local Group: Lakeland
I had this with my first pouch. The solution was a product called 'magic balls' intended for cleaning the inside of vases & decanters. Basically small brass ball bearings they could be rolled down the tube to dislodge deposits. Leaving some boiled water in the pouch between walks works well.
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2012, 0:06
I found a solution to this from an unexpected quarter - my other hobby, playing the French horn. One horn manufacturer produces the 'pull-through' - basically a brush on a wire, designed for cleaning the inside of the horn. What works for a length of fixed metal tubing also works for a length of flexible plastic tubing, although getting it through is a little fiddly as the drinking tube is slightly narrower than the horn.
Author: Graham Perry
Posted: Sun 10th Jun 2012, 19:40
Local Group: Kent
You can purchase a thin brush on a long wire handle that fits inside the tube. I also use a milton sterilisation tablet, the sort you use for cleaning babies feeding bottles.
Posted: Sat 9th Jun 2012, 21:45
Thanks Mike - soaking it and whirling it around my head seems to be pretty much the order of the day. I'll try that and see what I get!
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Sat 9th Jun 2012, 21:04
Local Group: Northumbria
Hi Michael. If you scroll down to 23 July 2008 there is an earlier posting answering this
Posted: Sat 9th Jun 2012, 17:12
I've recently bought one of those water pouch thingies with a tube attached, to save me having to dig a bottle out of my rucksack any time I need a drink. Having used it on a few walks now, it needs cleaning. The pouch itself isn't a problem - I can reach a couple of fingers inside to wipe it with a cloth - but does anyone know how I can clean the tube?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law