Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Boot Disinfectant

Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Fri 6th Jul 2012, 9:53
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I use Trekmates Absorba Balls which cost £20 from Amazon. These are probably very simlar to the silica gell pouches Mike was talking about. A posh alternative to old newspaper!
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Thu 5th Jul 2012, 21:40
Local Group: Northumbria
I've thought about using a couple of those bags of silica gel you get with electrical goods to completely dry my trainers. Sitting next to the printer at work, there is a ready supply from the boxes of toner. Before I destroy my trainers, has anyone given this a go before? Baking soda in shoes is meant to help with the smell, by the way
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Thu 5th Jul 2012, 18:26
Local Group: London
I always remove the insoles of boots or trainers after use so that both the footwear and insoles can dry thoroughly
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 17th Jun 2012, 21:19
Local Group: Mid Wales
Sometimes Jane becomes so disgusted at my trainers, that I am forced to take action - or they live outside. It's bacteria, especially on the insoles. I wash well, then spray with (forgotten what) some special shoe/trainer spray. That helps a bit, and then I put them in the freezer for a couple of days. This usually kills the bacteria properly, but you may be forced to put them in a sealed plastic bag first!! Matthew.
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Sun 17th Jun 2012, 16:41
Local Group: Sherwood
At the risk of not answering the question that you asked, it's perhaps worth mentioning that trainer-type walking/running shoes are only reckoned to be good for about 350 - 500 miles - which means that by the time you've trained for a 100 and done it, it may be time to think about replacing them.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Wed 6th Jun 2012, 18:11
Local Group: South Wales
Does anyone have any tips for disinfecting walking shoes without causing them damage?.

Even after soaking and scrubbing the ones I used on 'The 100' I'm sure I can still smell them when I get within 100 yards of them :) .

Bill.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law