Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Claire House Excalibur Marathon

Posted: Tue 3rd Apr 2012, 13:14
I thought i would mention the fantastic event i was on at the weekend Sat 31st March 2012.
The Excalibur Marathon held in an AONB of North Wales. This was really a runners event but as it was promoted as the UKs toughest off road Marathon and was recognised by the LDWA, my mate and i thought we would give it a try...... I speak on behalf of everyone when i say it was tough very tough, with more hills (i would say mountains with grass on) than you could shake a stick at, I would be amazed if anyone and i mean anyone including the seasoned martahon runners actually ran the whole course, alot of challenge walkers took part and everyone said how tough but how good it was.

I dont the know the split but of 250 entrants a good third possibly half were walkers, the checkpoints which were every 2 or 3 miles apart were water stations only, no sarnies, cakes, sweets, pies, tea nothing but water. They advertised it as the toughest and they were not lying, a fantastic event even though i would of liked a wine gum or three..

My mate and i have completed many challenge walks with the LDWA, marathon distance, 50 milers and the housman 100 last year, and will be taking part again in the 100 games event in a few weeks but if you fancy a challenge then the Excalibur Marathon organised by Claire house hospice is for you.

Well done to Dan Thomas (event organiser) and his team.....brilliant challenge..loved it..

Sean

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law