Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Hockney's Wolds

Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Tue 3rd Apr 2012, 15:16
Local Group: East Yorkshire
" wrong side " only if you're a duck or speak funny ! I think peter meant "dry side "
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Wed 28th Mar 2012, 20:06
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Peter didn't you mean the wrong side?.......
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Wed 28th Mar 2012, 19:55
Growing up in South Staffordshire, the County that Jeremy Clarkson said one drives through as fast as possible in order to get to Derbyshire, and then spending 7 years at Swansea University, followed by 20 years in North, South and East Yorkshire, I feel I know a little about various areas - Matt I don't think Hockney could add much to the Welsh twee landscape, much more rugged in the North, God's own country, east of the Pennines, I'm totally integrated, apart from a deep devotion to West Bromwich Albion FC.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 27th Mar 2012, 23:06
Local Group: East Lancashire
It's easy to find Matt. The Pennines run up the middle of England. Yorkshire is "The Dark Side"
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Tue 27th Mar 2012, 21:54
Local Group: Mid Wales
I'm not entirely sure where Yorkshire is, somewhere "Up-North" I think, but I would love to see this exhibition. I like Hockney's work and judging by the newspaper pictures, I would find this stunning.
He would probably have made an even better job of Wales though!
Matt.
Author: Carol Holmes
Posted: Tue 27th Mar 2012, 20:55
Local Group: Wiltshire
Yes, the David Hockney pictures were fantastic, I really enjoyed seeing them too.
I was born in East Yorkshire and I am so pleased that that part of the country is getting the appreciation it deserves. I have family in Brantingham and do like to get up to that part of the world.
The Wolds Way is on my 'to do' list (roll on retirement!)
I live in Wiltshire now, and that is pretty good too!
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012, 18:51
Wow - super exhibition on East Yorkshire by David Hockney at the Royal Academy; visited last weekend and although I'm obviously biased, it's well worth the effort to catch "the greatest living artist's" big picture of the Wolds. Also, super display of Lucian Freud's fleshy portraits at the National Portrait Gallery

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law