Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - ANGLEZARKE ICE SKATE

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 23rd Feb 2012, 21:39
Local Group: Cumbria
Catherine - the brand name is Kahtoola and they cost about £45.
Available in any out door shop up here (Lakes) but also on internet I guess.
Hope you haven't missed the boat for this year - it was 14 deg today!

A seriously good bit of kit - they have rendered crampons virtually obsolete for most winter walking up here.
Author: Catherine Mckeever
Posted: Thu 23rd Feb 2012, 13:04
Local Group: Heart of England
Tony - your micro- spikes sound good- where can i get some ?
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012, 10:02
Local Group: Cumbria
Excuse me for being smug but my mate and I carried and used our micro spikes from Winter Hill onwards.
A seriously good decision which meant we were able to punch well above our weight! It was good fun to see all the fast runners using all their energy just to keep standing up never mind making forward progress.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Mon 13th Feb 2012, 21:31
Local Group: Marches
Excellent account and pictures on Nick Ham's blog
http://ultraploddernick.blogspot.com/2012/02/anglezarke-amble-25mi-11022012.html
As well as the dislocated shoulder I was told of 2 fractured wrists and a broken arm - the only "walk" I have done where you didn't look for the footprints to determine the right route - you looked for the splashes of blood.
Author: Catherine Mckeever
Posted: Mon 13th Feb 2012, 17:34
Local Group: Heart of England
Felt good after completing 18 miles without breaking anything!.Huge thankyou to the Liverpool lads for not leaving me ! Thanks to the organisers who ferried us back - i'm sure they were kept very busy .I am thinking of re-doing when weather improves, perhaps early summer -any one want to join me ?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law