Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - LDWA AGM 5th March 2006

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 10th Mar 2006, 21:28
Local Group: Lakeland
Peter, I cannot disagree with your comments. We can and must resolve the administrative and financial issues highlighted at the AGM. As incoming chairman I undertake to keep the membership updated on progrss through Strider and this forum.
As for the weekend, how lucky can you get? Two days of wall to wall sunshine in Cumbria is pretty rare, and it has rained ever since. But the rain has stopped now so there is a small window to enjoy the Lunesdale Walks tomorrow before the snow arrives on Saturday night!
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 9th Mar 2006, 21:50
Local Group: East Lancashire
In reply to Norman
I had to stand up at the East Lancs meeting last night and give a report on the AGM. I gave a short resume of the questions put to the committee by the members present. It was quite embarrassing to report back that many of the answers were "We don't know" "We haven't counted" "We are still working on the Direct Debits" "We have not got the figures to hand" The committee must have expected such questions. When the accounts, in black and white, show such a deficit, the membership is bound to want answers.
I asked when this forum opened if we could have an "Ask the Committee" section, this would be an ideal vehicle to communicate with the membership quickly, rather than wait for the next AGM. I know we elect a committee to make decisions on our behalf, and I am grateful to each and everyone of them for giving up so much of their time to do the things that most members take for granted. However when things go wrong the membership should be given an explanation.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Thu 9th Mar 2006, 10:09
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Peter it's the first AGM I've ever stayed for so didn't know what to expect in terms of accomodation. £75 was a bargain!
As for the unfinished business what were your particular concerns?
Posted: Thu 9th Mar 2006, 10:05
Tony thanks for leading it and devising such a lovely route. Weather couldn't have been any better and really showed off the lake district in all it's glory
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Wed 8th Mar 2006, 12:54
Local Group: Cumbria
I would like to thank all those who entrusted their lives (?) to me on the B walk. It was with considerable trepidation that I turned up to lead more than 30 people for the first time. Luckily all went well and thanks are due especially to God (for weather), the pub staff (for friendly efficient service at a reasonable rate), the Chocolate factory (for being open), my assistant leaders especially Ian,Frank & Derek (for their patience & selflessness in helping the backmarkers)and finally Tim & Jane (for loan of shower).
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 7th Mar 2006, 22:55
Local Group: East Lancashire
Certainly enjoyed the walk and the social atmosphere of the whole weekend. Geoff and Chris do a stirling job. How he talks the hotels he uses to give such good deals is beyond me.

The AGM I'm afraid left a great deal of unfinished business.
Posted: Tue 7th Mar 2006, 20:10
What did anyone attending the LDWA AGM at Shap Wells on Sunday 5th March think of it? Opinions please, we're your committee

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law