Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 14th Trollers Trot

Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Tue 7th Mar 2006, 16:48
Local Group: High Peak
well I got to within a mile of the start of the hills and dales when i realised i hadn't brought any kit, had to go back home and returned in time to start just before the runners, managed to catch the sweepers at the first checkpoint. A few years prior to that i turned up at my childrens school which organised the ladybower challenge to find out it had been cancelled months ago, serves me right for not booking
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 7th Mar 2006, 10:05
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Not done that Martin but turned up for The Fairlands Valley Spartans Challenge in Stevenage once and found I'd left my boots at home!
Author: Martin Pearson
Posted: Mon 6th Mar 2006, 17:18
Local Group: North Yorkshire
I've been walking challenge events for 18 years, but the Trollers Trot on Sunday was a memorable "first". This was entirely due to the fact that all the other entrants did the event on Saturday !!. I thought it was suspiciously quiet when I rolled into Threshfield at 7.15, having got out of bed at 5.00. Thought at first that the event had been cancelled and no-one had told me, but eventually the penny dropped. Had a smashing walk though, following the route description and yesterdays tracks and taking time out for an ice-cream at Bonsall Bridge. Time, a liesurely 8hrs 20. Anyone else been daft enough to turn up for a walk on the wrong day. Number 60.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law