Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wenlock Olympian Walk - 100 miles or 50 miles

Author: Geoff Sproson
Posted: Sat 3rd Mar 2012, 20:19
Local Group: Marches
Web site back in business - Marches Group came up trumps with the SSC again this year. Well done Neil and Janet.
Posted: Sun 19th Feb 2012, 23:08
My web site for the WOW walk has gone down - apparently too much traffic!!!
I am not sure if I can sort this before the end of the month when it will come back online anyway.
I have emailed all entries with maps in word format, please email me if you would like the GPX files.
Remember these maps are still provisional.
geoff@sproson.com
Posted: Wed 15th Feb 2012, 22:13
Detailed route maps and downloadable GPX files are now available online.
Posted: Mon 13th Feb 2012, 22:03
The WOW waiting list is closed for the time being - those who have made it onto the list should have received an email.
Posted: Fri 20th Jan 2012, 23:26
A waiting list for the WOW has been opened and will remain open for 7 days from Saturday 21st January. All prospective entrants will be balloted into order after this period.
email geoff@sproson.com
Posted: Tue 10th Jan 2012, 1:16
Entries are now closed for the WOW - 9 days for a new event. The demand for extreme events seems to be growing all the time. I will post news of a waiting list in the near future.
Posted: Fri 6th Jan 2012, 11:30
Entries update - as at Thursday 5th Jan we have 170 entries. It looks like we may be into waiting lists by next week - don't delay.
Geoff entry sec.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Wed 4th Jan 2012, 8:26
125 entries received on the first day - the majority for the 100 mile event. With an overall limit of 200 over the 2 events - the 50 mile and 100 mile options - anyone who wants to enter should act fast!
Details, entry form and map of route at the event website http://www.sproson.com/wow/
We are also looking for help on the event - with the opportunity of entering the Marshals walk on the 5th - 7th May - anyone willing to help please contact Jane Webb on janevwebb@googlemail.com

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law