Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Email Hacking

Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 18:43
Local Group: East Yorkshire
The same thing happened to a member of the East Yorkshire group in the past. It seems to becoming more common.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 17:38
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
If you receive any email from anyone asking for money then treat it as suspicious!

I take note of your warning John to update passwords! And don't use same password for everything. Role on Biorecognition or whatever it is called.
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 15:11
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to ring or Email me about this issue, I got over 40 calls on Friday from as far afield as Australia. As I mentioned before I have lost all the addresses from my contact list and have set about re-creating the address book. Lucky to say I had some folders with groups of messages stored and this has helped me get back to normal, whatever that might be! John S
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 8:00
Local Group: Kent
I also received an email a few days ago but realised straight away that it was a scam. I forwarded it to John to let him know that his email had been hacked.
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Fri 18th Nov 2011, 19:43
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I received a E-mail today from a Spanish hospital asking for money to help John to get back home. I sent them some money to keep him there longer.

Now I've read this I realise it was a con, oh well that's £50 down the drain.

ian.
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Fri 18th Nov 2011, 16:38
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Sad to say my Email web based email account has been hacked and several of you who were in my account as a contact will have received a spurious message that I had been mugged in Spain. That is not the case and I am fit and well in West Yorkshire. Not only has the account been hacked but all the messages in my inbox have been deleted and the contact list has been wiped clean. Despite a protest to TalkTalk they are not able to recover those details. I have just heard from someone locally who has has a similar experience. Please be aware of this practice and do change your password at regular intervals or you may suffer a similar fate. It will take me a long time to build up a new contact list and I may have lost valuable information.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law