Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Calling Granny Greenwood, Re Filey Flyer

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 13th Jan 2012, 19:36
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Maybe I will dash to the bar at Windsor or rather stroll. But a cuppa it will be! Maybe.

I gave up on the equal rights lark when I found I had to retire at 66 not 60! I'm far too fragile to work work that long...

And another 6 years before I can join in the mid week walks!

But most women like the fellas still to behave as gents..sometimes.
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Thu 12th Jan 2012, 13:34
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Ian I'm impressed
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Wed 11th Jan 2012, 21:25
Oh... I can't see Eileen dashing to the bar in Windsor!!
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Wed 11th Jan 2012, 20:57
John, your showing to everybody that your a bit slow on the uptake and you'll never make it as a Yorkshireman. Think about it John........If Eileen had got a round (pints) in the Golden Ball for John Mac, John W, Aul T and myself it would have cost well under £7. The next time we'll see Eileen in a pub will be in Windsor with a bit of luck. Eileen is sure to dash to the bar and get the round in and on doing so she have remortgage her house to pay for them. ;-)

John, a true Yorkshireman always plays the long game.
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Wed 11th Jan 2012, 20:01
Ian - will you ever learn?!!? - they demand to pay their way now, just let 'em buy you a Sammy Smiths now and again...
Posted: Sun 8th Jan 2012, 22:07
Yes you were all good company and completely mad but then aren't we all! A great evening out thank you Ian.

The Filey Flyer was a good event with good weather for a change! Good check point food- my fav being cheese and biscuits and tea! All in all a good weekend. Thanks.
Posted: Sat 7th Jan 2012, 18:39
Well we meet up with Eileen in the Golden Ball. Had a great time. We bought her a few drinks, she wanted buy us a round but I refused (ladies don't buy drinks in my book) and we also made sure she got home safe ....................... So yes I'm still a fully paid up member of the sexist club.
Posted: Tue 3rd Jan 2012, 16:32
OK just look for the quite one's in the corner drinking lemonade.
Posted: Tue 3rd Jan 2012, 12:04
I'll be there at the Golden Ball 7ish.
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 17:19
No, I can walk back to my home thanks Ian. Cayton Bay area. Just my friend Wendy wanting to meet up at 8.
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 16:32
All being well Eileen 5 of us will be in from sixish. We are planing to get a taxi back to Filey at around 9ish as there is no buses or trains after 8. There should be room for a small one if you what a lift back towards Filey. That is if it's not to early for a party girl like yourself.

ian.
Posted: Mon 2nd Jan 2012, 15:05
What time are you all meeting up in the Golden Ball Friday evening before the challenge Ian? I'm going to be slow on the event as haven't done much walking for a month or more. Still it's only January and the Filey Flyer will get me and others back into it again! I'll register on the day.
Posted: Tue 15th Nov 2011, 19:53
Ah well- you are men....if I did that on the night before the 100,well I probably wouldn't start anyway! It's bad enough not being able to sleep the night before due to nerves and excitement. A sleeping pill would suit me more!

I haven't got a stop button. I want more of a good (or bad) thing. I'll stick to shandys thanks!
Posted: Mon 14th Nov 2011, 9:50
Have a wine or two then you'll float your way around.

When John and I where doing the 100's we always spent all Friday evening in as many pubs that we could find. The theory behind it was, At the start of the hundreds we felt terrible but the more we walked the better we felt. It worked for us.

ian.
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 23:23
I will ask my female friends to join me. Just bitter shandy for me though! Please don't even offer me a wine or I'm the party soul, and I want to walk the next day!
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 20:13
What an offer- how can I refuse? I'll be there. A night out in Scarborough is very rare for me! Thank you Ian.
Posted: Fri 11th Nov 2011, 12:14
I was out pre-walking the Rudolf's Romp this week with the same group of people who are going out for a few drinks on the Friday before the Filey Flyer. You have stated on here that you would like to join us. After thinking about it for all of 30 seconds, we are now drinking in Scarborough instead. So if you still want to meet up with us (5 todate) we'll be in the Golden Ball opposite the Harbour, and if your really lucky we'll take you into the local refuse operative social club.

Only the best places for us East Yorkshire lads you know. ;-)

ian.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law