Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Shillington Shuffle – Sunday 13th November

Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 29th Nov 2011, 17:15
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Nicole has checked the link...a couple of posts down from this...and says it works. Phew.
Posted: Tue 29th Nov 2011, 16:08
hmm, don't think that worked, will try again...don't hold your breath
Posted: Tue 29th Nov 2011, 16:04
Nicole’s .kmz file is now on the BBN website under “Latest News”.
Author: David Findel-Hawkins
Posted: Tue 22nd Nov 2011, 10:34
There are still a few items of unclaimed lost porperty.

If you think you left anything in the hall at the finish please email DAVEFH at GMAIL.COM
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 7:59
Local Group: Kent
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Sun 20th Nov 2011, 7:58
Local Group: Kent
3D Flyover Video here
Just hover your mouse on "3D" on the top right corner of the map and click.
I also made a .kmz file to display the track on Google Earth but there is no file upload facility on this forum.
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Mon 14th Nov 2011, 14:17
Just to add my thanks to BBN for staging this one - much as I've enjoyed the Steppingley Step it was starting to get a little stale with annual repetition, and this made a very pleasant change. The checkpoints in particular were well stocked and well placed, and Shillington looked lovely with the added autumn colour - just as nice as the better known Lavenham, really.

Photo album available here, with one for the 2010 Herts Stroller up here (in case anyone wants to compare the Barton & Warden Hills sections in summer - which in the usual British manner, was cooler and wetter than for this one!).
Author: Steve Platt
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 22:19
Local Group: London
What a glorious day! Although I've done the Steppingley Step a few times, I'd never done this before and the first few miles in particular were a special delight. Thanks to the organisers for a great day in perfect autumn weather.
Posted: Sun 13th Nov 2011, 20:59
Posted: Sat 12th Nov 2011, 17:30
Entry is now full.
Posted: Wed 9th Nov 2011, 16:44
Following the marshals’ walk last Sunday, 6th November, we've made a few changes to the route descriptions for the Shuffle (12, 17 and 26 mile). They're on the BBN website, under “Forms”.

Shuffle Route Descriptions

The entry limit is 300 and on 6th November we’d had 257. Please check on the BBN website that space is available before travelling to enter on the day.

All routes start between 08.00 and 09.45, checkpoint 1 opens at 10.00. The checkpoint opening and closing times are on the route descriptions.

Please remember to bring a mug, and I don't mean someone who'll provide the transport, navigate you round and buy the beers.
Posted: Thu 3rd Nov 2011, 10:08
Hello Mike,

You're right, Gordon has been involved with the routes for the Shuffle. We've lost a few regulars to the weekend in Haworth, which is a shame, but inevitable. M
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 2nd Nov 2011, 19:56
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Merrian,
Unfortunately, I am away that weekend at the Local Groups meeting in Haworth - but the Shillington Shuffle sounds good. I hope you all have nice time. Did Gordon write the RD ? It should be OK then.
Posted: Tue 1st Nov 2011, 11:12
The route descriptions for the Shuffle (12, 17 and 26 mile) are now on the BBN website, under “Forms” (link below).

Entry limit 300, we’ve had over 200 so far. Before travelling to enter on the day, please check on the BBN website that space is available.

All routes start between 08.00 and 09.45, please check route description for opening times of checkpoints.

Shuffle Route Descriptions

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law