Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - What has happened to the Headland Way?

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Thu 27th Oct 2011, 18:39
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Stephen

It is maybe because you searched for Headland Way and not Headland Walk Just a tip when you search use less not more, so you could put in Headland and find what you are looking for. Our search engine is not as sophisticated as Google so you need to be mindful of this when seeking a route.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

John
Author: Steph Carter
Posted: Wed 26th Oct 2011, 13:45
Local Group: North Yorkshire
A few months ago, using google. I searched for the Headland Way (Runs along the Yorkshire Coast originally from Sewerby to Filey Brigg) and a link to a LDWA page that gave details appeared. I could not find the same page going through the LDWA site. Now, even the "external link" to this page has disappeared.

So what has happened to the Headland way? It is marked on Explorer 301 (2009 edition) but only between Sewerby and Speeton, presumably as the the soil cliffs between Speeton to Filey have suffered cliff erosion and the path is no more. Why has it dissappeared from the LDWA site.. will it ever return?

I managed to approximately walk it in August- catching the bus from Bridlington to Filey to walk back to my car. I used tide tables to ensure the tide was out so I could walk Filey to Hunmanby along the beach. It's a fabulous walk- too good to be dropped!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law