Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - where ravens dare

Author: Richard Plumley
Posted: Sun 2nd Oct 2011, 10:14
Local Group: Bristol & West
what a cracking walk put on by south wales group ,nearly 6000ft of climbing which gave some fantastic views from the summits and long ridges of those fantastic welsh mountains a truely challenging experience, the food supplied was freshly done with a superb buffet at the time warp cwmcarn pensioners village hall ,a big old venue ,plenty of room for all to sit down in comfort and decor straight out of the 1880s fully tiled like old swimming pools used to be we even had a choice of 8 sandwich fillings including smoked salmon that must be a first on any walk ,next checkpoint the ynysddu hotel starting to think of a pub crawl but time pushing on , finished back at machen village hall waitress service home made soup and cakes just like my mum used to make when i would fight my brother to lick the cake mixture out of the mixing bowl . we met people from as far as barnstaple in the south to stoke on trent up north everybody enjoyed themselves well done south wales group and thanks for the lovely sunshine.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law