Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Hello all from a new member

Posted: Sun 12th Feb 2006, 21:28
Welcome Roy. Why don't you come properly north, and join us in Northumbria. It's a walker's paradise and although we don't have too many potholes, we have plenty of mineshafts, geology, history etc. You could, of course, start your membership of the LDWA by entering the Northumberland 100. www.northumberland100.org.uk
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 9th Feb 2006, 21:27
Local Group: Mid Wales
Welcome - I recommend you cross the Offas Dyke and come join us for some walks in Wales, do some decent hills with great views. There's also pot holes, but they tend to be in the middle of the roads unforunately. Matt.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 9th Feb 2006, 20:35
Local Group: East Lancashire
Hi Roy and welcome to the LDWA. As soon as you can come and sample the delights of East Lancashire. Bear left on the M1 to join the M6, or else you might end up on the wrong side of the Pennines. "The Dark Side"
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Thu 9th Feb 2006, 13:04
Local Group: London
Hello Roy. Welcome to the LDWA. True, Essex is somewhat short of potholes and the like, though we are second to none in the matter of mud. And I can definitely recommend Essex & Herts events.
Posted: Thu 9th Feb 2006, 12:04
Thought I would introduce myself having just become a member.

Me & my partner both live in Essex but am working towards escaping as soon as feasable heading North.

My main interest is the countryside & enviromental issues. In this context I love hiking, caving & potholing, photography and things like geology & mining heritage.

We both do a lot of walking throughout the year but this is mostly derbyshire, Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lancashire & westmoorland. Have not done much group walking but thought we will give it a try, and look forward to meeting other members.

all the best Roy

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law