Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Birmingham Canal Canter

Author: David Powell
Posted: Thu 22nd Sep 2011, 14:38
Local Group: Heart of England
Many thanks for helping us judge our cake competition and with our ongoing research into the analgesic effects of ginger in the treatment of joint and muscle pain. This important work will continue next year. You can rest assured that our cake slices are at the cutting edge of this vital scientific investigation.
Author: Paul Sorensen
Posted: Thu 22nd Sep 2011, 12:27
Local Group: Dorset
A thoroughly enjoyable day. I have not done this event before, and found the route easy to follow and very scenic. Loved the cake, it must be the only 26 mile event I do where I actually risk putting weight on!
Author: Jane Webb
Posted: Sun 18th Sep 2011, 10:04
Local Group: Marches
Thank you Heart of England for another excellent Canal Canter on the 10th of September. Superb catering and a fascinating route. The cakes at CP3 were even more spectacular than last year.

The ginger cake was delicious and I was definitely more cheerful leaving the CP stuffed with cake - but didn't come to any definitive conclusions re: muscle and joint pains. I think more research of the cake eating variety is required.
Author: David Powell
Posted: Tue 12th Jul 2011, 9:10
Local Group: Heart of England
Just a quick note to confirm that as per last year entrants will be asked to help judge in the "Canal Canter Cake Competition"
at checkpoint 3. In addition we are carrying out a serious scientific investigation into the efficacy of ginger as an analgesic
in the treatment of muscle and joint pains. To that end we will be providing quantities of ginger cake and would ask that
everyone has an adequate dose to enable them to make a judgement on its effectiveness. Please note that this is not a cake
walk and your help is needed in pushing forward the bounds of medical knowledge.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law