Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Lessons learnt whilst walking

Posted: Mon 20th Jun 2011, 17:24
If in a narrow gully and someone suddenly and alarmingly shouts your name, or "look out", don't stay where you are and look up, or ask why.
Fortunately when this happened in Lords Rake on Scafell, my companion, didn't do either of the those, instead he immediately buried himself as close to the rock wall as he could, saving his life in the process. The falling microwave sized rock that my attention was drawn to, just glanced his shoulder instead of pushing his head into his boots, before bouncing its way down the gully following it's 50 foot fall.
Dave.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 3rd Jun 2011, 20:42
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
on the Housman 100.

If you think you recognise someone in front of you- don't go running up behind them and say "Hi sexy bum"! It might be the wrong one! Moral- you cannot recognise people from their bottoms!

Secondly, if a walking companion says don't turn around- then don't! My companion told me he had good remedy for blisters-"Sports Lip". I asked what colour it was thinking he was applying it to his lips and thought that bright red sports lips might be interesting to see. So I turned around and there he was applying it to his cheeks..with hand down his pants!! Moral- do as you are told!!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law