Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Old Boots!

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Fri 3rd Jun 2011, 18:01
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Louise, I saw a large number of old boots outside a B & B in Kirk Yetholm abandoned by their owners at the end of the Pennine Way. Your boots might like to join them they will be in good company! I have a photo if you wish to see them. John
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 3rd Jun 2011, 13:12
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Take them to Mother Shipton's Cave in Knaresborough. They will become calcified with limestone water dripping onto them.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Wed 1st Jun 2011, 22:24
Local Group: Mid Wales
Wore a favourite old pair of fell running shoes to New Zealand a couple of years ago. At the end of the holiday I had a ceremonial burial. Filled them with pebbles, took a photo and wanged them out as far as I could into a great big lake.

Seemed kind of a fitting end, (and good excuse to purchase new pair on return to UK).
Matt.
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Wed 1st Jun 2011, 20:43
Local Group: Staffordshire
Hi All, Old boots feel like old friends - all the great times together and their unwavering support - and I find it very hard to simply discard them into a dustbin. I was thinking about putting compost in them are growing plants as a garden feature - has anyone got any other ideas? Thanks Louise

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law