Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Walking Clubs in the Lakes

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 5th May 2011, 11:29
Local Group: Cumbria
Try Kendal Fellwalkers, Penrith Ramblers or even a lakes based LDWA group!
Posted: Tue 3rd May 2011, 16:40
Hello All,

I started LD walking at the beginning of the year.

I am now up to ca. 25 miles and have started to add in the North Yorkshire Moors and Lake District.

I started walking with a friend and everything was going well until we attempted the 1st ring of Shap. We were 3/4's up Branstree and he 'broke down' with a groin strain. We had to turn back as he did not think he could complete the route......I understood and agreed. I was feeling great and had plenty of energy in the tank left to complete the route.

My friend does not want to walk in the Lakes anymore because its a little too much for him and he wasnt liking the look of some of the other wainwrights.

I would now like to join a club where I can enjoy wainwright walks with others. Could anyone point me in the right direction to find such a club /group??

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Kevin

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law