Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wellington Boot 16th/17th April 2011.

Posted: Thu 21st Apr 2011, 22:10
Thanks to both Jeff and John for their comments. Thank you also to all those who have emailed me their appreciation. It is very nice to know that the event has been enjoyed by those taking part and this was clear from the comments of the entrants on the event itself . It does make you feel that the effort was worthwhile. We are lucky that we (C&D group) have a core of members who support and marshall a lot of our events and will support throughout the event moving from one checkpoint to another. Thanks also to both Dorset and Bristol and West groups for running Yarde Farm (CP1) and Uffculme checkpoints and assisting at Monksilver. It's good to know we can rely on your help for this event.

Annette Merchant
Author: Jeff Campbell
Posted: Mon 18th Apr 2011, 11:21
Local Group: Surrey
The homemade food went down very nicely, especially the soup at the bottom of Culmstock Beacon. It always impresses me how a small LDWA group (Cornwall & Devon) manage to host a major event so successfully. The conditions were just perfect, and even the dreaded muddy section in the woods after Culmstock Beacon was newly gravelled over, no doubt in our honour!

Just one question: who moved the canal?? Many extra fields were crossed and a chicken farm explored before we eventually stumbled upon it!

I look forward to the next Boot – shame it only comes around every 3 years.

Jeff
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Sun 17th Apr 2011, 20:02
Local Group: South Wales
What an excellent walk - superb scenery, perfect ground conditions, and marvellous checkpoints. Cornwall & Devon group and all those manning the well-stocked checkpoints - mostly in village halls too, what a treat - worked tirelessly to make the event a memorable one. A very big thank you guys & gals, you're all stars.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law