Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Tranquility Trail Cancelled

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Mon 4th Apr 2011, 15:40
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Not sure yet whether we will put this Event on again - it was a partnership walk with the Buddhists, so their change of policy/management may preclude future excursions
Author: Andrew Gillard
Posted: Wed 30th Mar 2011, 12:34
This is such a shame as it's a fantastic walk - I really enjoyed this last year and was looking at doing it again.

Is it likely that this will be the end of the even for future years or is this just a one off?
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Wed 30th Mar 2011, 0:10
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
The Malvern is not local nor the Durham Dales to those local to the Woldsman. Except DD in the North of the country- who wants elsewhere! But I can thoroughly recommend the Durham Dales. I did it last year and will do again this year hopefully.

What lady can resist the gentlemanly virtues of senior LDWA members such as Gordon Ball of Northumbria LDWA!!

And why do Northumbrian Water have to promote their tap water? Anyone with common sense won't pay for bottled water in this country do they? Why pay extra for what they pay for anyway?

That's 3 question marks! No prizes for any answers.

Get on the Durham Dales- and hop over the adders when you see 'em- they are lovely!
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Fri 25th Mar 2011, 20:32
thanks john , no doubt i'll end up on one of them and will get my share of the wolds on the woldsman.
Posted: Fri 25th Mar 2011, 10:45
There's Durham Dales or Malvern MM or Drover's Walk not to mention umpteen Social walks!
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Thu 24th Mar 2011, 21:28
what a shame its a cracking route and a local event for me, i will have to look for an alternative in my new strider.
Posted: Thu 24th Mar 2011, 14:51
Correction - Must make my reading glasses handy rather than guessing - make that Saturday 25th June!
Posted: Thu 24th Mar 2011, 14:11
Apologies, but The Tranquility Trail, June 15th, has unfortunately been cancelled. Our walk organisation partners, the Buddhists of Kilnwick Percy, have pulled out because of a change in management and policy. Shame, as Tim Glenn wrote a very complimentary review of last year's walk in Strider.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law