Have a look at the 5th example it should help Link
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 6th Apr 2011, 8:46
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Errr - no it didn't look like it did!
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 6th Apr 2011, 8:45
I think this means you have to insert [url] before and after the link. Which would be

[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/116032014548684362454/GiantsDaughterApril2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCInHrN7AxOSXpwE#[url]

Does that work?
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 5th Apr 2011, 20:28
Local Group: Dorset
Hi everyone, please see our post about the Giant.s Daughter, under events. So how do we put this link in so that our readers can open it. ? I couldn't follow the discussion below. I canoot even copy and paste the link as it stands ...
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 18th Mar 2011, 18:06
Local Group: Surrey
Thanks, John. I looked everywhere but the most obvious place.
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Fri 18th Mar 2011, 9:06
Hi Merrian and Elton

The link http://www.ldwa.org.uk/forum/bbcode.php is easy to find beneath the 'Post Text' box in the two places where you reply to a Forum Post or create a 'New Topic'. Clicking the link opens a new window.. However when using this link use Open in New Window or you will lose the text you have already written. You can use Blue Text or italicised text if you wish and a number of other options. Hope this helps.
John
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 19:23
Local Group: Surrey
It might be useful if there was an easy to find link about how to format postings. Occasionally when replying to a post I would like to include the relevant part of the post in italics, but can't find out how to do this.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 12:36
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Having failed to find my scrap of paper where I'd got the syntax for putting proper links into a post, instead of the url which folk than have to copy and paste into their browser, I had a look to see if the instructions are on here somewhere. They're probably in an old post, so I tried a few searches but didn't find anything.

Are the instructions on how to put a link in a post somewhere easy to find on this site please?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law