Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Heaven is a Biomechanical Manipulation

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 22:18
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
well you can always hope!

By the way, the handsome biomechanical therapist
from Leeds did actually do me some good! Me being a scientist trained (ah hmmm) and very sceptical I wondered but he did!

I actually did 18 miles in the Howgills area next day and my leg which was painful on the Sat. and weeks before was pain free next day. What did he do? Just twisted my legs somewhat?
And today even! I am now wondering if i can get the same therapy via physiotherapist-- oh I know spelling but sod that- via my employers. Will see.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 11th Mar 2011, 11:26
Local Group: Surrey
Way to go, Eileen. Your posts are always refreshing.

So if we get some handsome young male physios as support, can we expect an influx of northern lasses at our southern events?
Posted: Tue 8th Mar 2011, 20:07
Wheelie bins full of ice cubes? Lost in translation? I could add a few comments but they would be lost in censoring!

I'll stick to the massage/manipulation thank you.

An ice cold river dip is very nice though! Ask Tony Deall from Cumbria group. It does refresh you wonderfully. I have bathed in the Scottish brooks in Glencoe area. And in a few rivers/streams after a long walk- summer only! A few mins does wonders for aching muscles. Reduces inflammation I expect.
Author: Graham Lightowler
Posted: Tue 8th Mar 2011, 12:38
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Had many a sports massage, all very nice but did I stumble onto something a bit different last week? The day after a 28 miler with usual dull aches I went to the turkish baths at Harrogate. More as a day out thing to do than anything else. The heat and plunge pool worked wonders on weary limbs, felt really refreshing.
As an aside once reffed a Russian rugby team who each had to get into a wheely bin of ice cubes and water at the end of the game. They too got out feeling somewhat refreshed unless I lost something in translation.
Posted: Sun 6th Mar 2011, 22:12
Hi Helen- I tell you what- I'd bare all for that great feeling of very good massage/pummelling after an event- well worth it! And sod the embarrasment!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 6th Mar 2011, 22:03
Local Group: Merseystride
Having followed Eileen onto the table-of-heaven, I'd agree that this idea of post-event massage is definitely one the LDWA should import from the world of speedy runners. I only had my calves pummelled, as I didn't quite have the nerve to bare all, even in a nearly empty hall. Another time I will bring short shorts with me and get changed first.......... :-)

[Helen]
Posted: Sun 6th Mar 2011, 22:02
And I had to show my peat bog stained,massive mileage toes. To Mr HBT. Major shame.

I did think of telling Mr Handsome Biomechanical Therapist that I had pain in my upper torso also...
Posted: Sun 6th Mar 2011, 21:43
With a good looking fella doing it! I had a taste of this at the end of the Trollers Trot this weekend.
Thankfully the Hall was empty as all the runners had gone home hours ago and as a walker I was one of last one remaining. I saw a lady having a massage (trousers off!) but covered with towel.
My right leg muscles were very tight and painful and had been for weeks so I thought I'd give it a go for an asked for donation.
The lovely girl passed me onto her collegue when I mentioned I was looking for a professional Physio sometime .
And then I got this very charming, very good looking, very professional biomechanical manipulation therapist.
I was in heaven from that point on! Oh he manipulated me all right! Legs a kimbo, up, down, stretched out away. I would do anything he asked just for a bit longer on the bed and hear his very pleasant (Australian/New New Zealand?) accent. Very handsome as well!

And when getting off the bed- no pain!! No stiff muscles in right leg! Heaven.

I did the Barbondale Round as a reccy/walk the next day and I had no problems in my right leg muscles at all!! It did the job.

Shame my fav. biomechanical manipulator has his centre in Leeds and not Scarborough. First time i don't mind being being manipulated- with the accent being on the man!

Please LDWA can we have this at all our LDWA events?!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law