Discussion Forum - Website Development - Events list: 2 suggestions

Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Fri 20th Jan 2006, 7:59
Local Group: Kent
Thank you for your support.
Author: Henry Marston
Posted: Thu 19th Jan 2006, 23:41
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
I agree that it can be useful if an event does not disappear immediately, as in a restaurant where the menu is taken away when you order so that you can't check that the food you got was what you ordered!

Important for grid references to give the full grid reference, including the zone, so that users can copy and paste the grid reference into Get-a-Map, Streetmap, Multimap (for example) to see where the event is. Without the zone, it is necessary to dig out an OS map of the appropriate area and essentially find it before using the digital map to do that job. i.e. without the zone, you might as well not give the grid reference!
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Sun 15th Jan 2006, 20:48
Local Group: Kent
1. It would be good if the events did not disappear from the website as soon as the date has passed, but that for example the 3 last months could still be found there.

2. It would be useful that the grid reference given for the start of events were complete i.e. would include the 2 letters before the 6 figures. It would allow a direct research on digital maps.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law