Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - News

Author: John Knight
Posted: Thu 10th Feb 2011, 22:49
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Or this one...

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigning/save-ancient-forests/Pages/fc-disposals-act-now.aspx?WT.mc_id=fc

My Conservative MP (David Rutley, Macclesfield) voted with the government. He replied to my first email by trotting out the party line - guff about "heritage forests" (what other sort is there?) and offering first refusal to community & civil groups (which couldn't possibly afford to buy forests), but he did mention having "received a large number of emails" from "concerned residents", so he's obviously feeling the heat. I'm still awaiting his reply to my reply. Then too, I did stand against him as Green Party candidate last May...

John
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Thu 10th Feb 2011, 22:01
Local Group: Northumbria
Members could sign this petition - http://38degrees.org.uk/page/s/save-our-forests
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 10th Feb 2011, 17:53
Local Group: Surrey
I think we should get involved in the forestry sales business. I emailed my MP and he voted against. He's a Conservative, but also an eco-wallah, so I think he would have voted against anyway.

But from the newspapers there seems to be a ground swell against the sell-off, and we can add momentum to it. The govt is sensitive to public opinion and I'd say there's a chance we can drown this one.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Sun 6th Feb 2011, 11:19
Local Group: Northumbria
It's good to see from the News items that the LDWA is getting more involved in changes being proposed by the government that will affect us. Perhaps members should respond to the Forestry Sales consultation?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law