Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Lincoln to London - 170 miles

Posted: Sun 16th Jan 2011, 10:57
Hi All

I'm James and I'm new here. Having only really taken up walking at the beginning of 2010 for a charity walk (The Plogsland Round) I'm not particularly experienced, so you can imagine how horrified I was that my joke suggestion of walking from Lincoln to London was taken up by a few people and now we're doing it!

Basically, my Father was an alcoholic and he died in October 2010. I know what it's like to be a child of someone with an addiction and it's awful. Thankfully I'm one of the lucky ones and I've come out the other side, well adjusted (reasonably), settled and not a drinker myself. Others are not quite so lucky and I'm doing everything I can to hep raise money and awareness for them - this is where the walk comes in.

We're walking for COAP (Children Of Addicted Parents), an organisation that helps young people who post messages on their website for whom I am a mentor, and The Free From Addiction Project, a peer to peer alcohol support group based in Derbyshire.

Basically, I'm after any help, hints, tips or suggestions that anyone has. I'm new to this game and have never organised anything like it before so I'm open to all suggestions! Also, if anyone would like to join us, either for a few miles or the whole walk, please do get in touch! We're setting off on 28 May and hope to be finished within 7 days.

Thanks everyone!

James

www.lincolntolondon.info

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law