Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Marches Midwinter Marathon is ON

Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Sat 18th Dec 2010, 14:55
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
In case anyone else was wondering, the MMM will still take place tomorrow despite the snowfalls of the last couple of days - Chris Dawes of Marches Group just posted a reply to my query on the Housman Hundred forums, which I'll quote here as he has only partial internet access at the moment;

"Now, at noon on Saturday, I can confirm that the Event is On. I have been to Lydham and back this morning to deliver supplies to the Village Hall and all main roads are clear, excepting occasional patches of slush, and traffic is moving well.

There are occasional showers of quite heavy snow but the forecast is for these to clear leading to a very hard frost tonight. My advice for travel to the the Event is to keep to major roads such as the A49 and A489 so avoiding high ground. There is no need to hurry as starts are staggered from 8.30 to 9am and there is a shorter route for anybody who comes later.

Snow depth in the valley is about 4inches but on the hills will be 2 or 3 times however without further falls the pack should settle. There is sun and clear skies forecast and this morning under overcast the hills looked spectacular. You are in for a great winter walk this morning. Come and enjoy it."

So it's time to pack the Kahtoolas and hope for better luck on the M6 than those poor sods around Manchester on Friday ....

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law