Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Chiltern Kanter

Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 12:24
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Results are on the BBN website.

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/bedsbucksandnorthants

I've mislaid the scrap of paper with the syntax for putting a link in a post, sorry folks.
Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Wed 2nd Mar 2011, 11:41
Local Group: Kent
Yes, superb challenge, beautiful route, great views. I enjoyed every minute of it, bright morning sun then pouring rain, deep mud, cold wind, absolutely everything. A big thank you to BBN, Norman and all the committed marshalls who made it possible. We walked 29.4ml with 918m ascent but we made a mistake. According the the track I corrected afterwards in my laptop, the route must have been 28.7ml therefore it looks like we all agree on the distance.
Posted: Wed 2nd Mar 2011, 11:20
Many thanks from me too!. All the volunteers did a fantastic job, especially those stuck out in the rain. It was a great route, and my first of that distance, but won't be my last :)
Posted: Tue 1st Mar 2011, 16:25
Great day in the mud, thank you, a top LDWA event,thank you to all the marshals helper &
Norman,cracking course, very good value with the extra mileage ! Think I was 28.8 ish on the Garmin,
Author: John Manning
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2011, 14:57
Thanks to BBN and all the marshals on the day yesterday. A glorious morning turned into a very wet and windy afternoon. It can't have been much fun in the rain in the tent at Dagnall or under the tree at Ashridge.
My Garmin measured the route at 29.15 miles though I did take a half mile detour at Marsworth.
Author: Steve Clark
Posted: Fri 3rd Dec 2010, 19:09
An entry form for the Chiltern Kanter is now on the bbn web site, so come along for a good days walking in the Chiltern hills

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law