Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - woodland wander

Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Thu 23rd Dec 2010, 21:18
Local Group: Lakeland
Hello, the Southern half of the Cotswold Way (from around Birdlip area) walks through some lovely old woodland areas.

Also the Chilterns have beautiful beach woodlands - try part of the Ridgeway Long Distance Path - with added bonus of Red Kites.

No experience of but how about the Sherwood Forest area with the Great Oak.

Failing that head for Siberia!
Posted: Sat 27th Nov 2010, 15:24
As a first thought look at this on the map. Twice Brewd to Kielder to Byrness to Newcastleton. Never measured it but have walked most of it. All on tracks but very few way markers.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 26th Nov 2010, 15:51
Sheila,
I doubt if you will find a path that is entirely or mainly in woodland, and perhaps it would be a rather boring one if you did. However you can use the Search by Path facility in the Long Distance Paths section of this website to find potential routes. Selecting Forest/Woodland in the Advanced Search options for paths between 30 and 60 miles came up with 16 paths to look at.
Good luck.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 26th Nov 2010, 15:46
Posted: Fri 26th Nov 2010, 14:49
Hi...am a new member, and would be grateful if someone could suggest a woodland walk.....My sister and I are from West of Scotland and are trying to plan a walk through woodland hopefully in England but anywhere considered....We are both experienced walkers......not sure if anyone can help but anything would be appreciated......probably looking to do a max 3 days away from families and kids! All thanks, Sheila McCamley

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law