Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - inov 8 advice please

Author: Nic Arb
Posted: Mon 21st Mar 2011, 8:21
Local Group: Kent
Go Outdoors replied:

Unfortunately this item has sold out in all our stores and has been discontinued, therefore we will not be getting any new stock.
Posted: Sun 20th Mar 2011, 17:25
Thank you for your help. As they are quite far from central London, I emailed them to enquire. I'll let you know the outcome.
Author: Graham Perry
Posted: Sun 20th Mar 2011, 9:56
Hi Nic,

Go Outdoors, Edgware Road, Colindale have a variety of Inov8 products advertised on their site. Although the Terroc 345 isn't listed, they do list Mudclaw 330 '0' Trailrunner in Size 4. Retail £80.00 or £48.00 with their store discount card.

I visited the store once and found a good variety of footwear and clothing and also the staff were very helpful. I would recommend visiting them. 10-15 minute walk from Colindale station on the Northern Line.

Hope this is of some help.

Graham
Posted: Sat 19th Mar 2011, 9:36
Would anyone know where I can find the Terroc 345 in a small size in London? All the retailers indicated on inov-8 website start around size 7 or 8 and I need a 4.5. Of course I can find small sizes online but I wouldn't buy trainers without trying them on.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Tue 25th Jan 2011, 20:29
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Thank you John. A very late response from me sorry- I had forgotten I had posted this! Actually I returned my Inov8 boots to the maufacturers and after they had tested them out- yes they did leak- they sent me a replacement pair. So no complaints about the Inov8 team customer service.

I have thought about Brashers Superlights. But I'll how see how long my replacements boots last!
It's quite dry at the moment so fell running trainers might be OK for events and social walks- and still mild enough to get by even if feet get wet. Merino wooly socks help!!

And invested in Microspikes this winter- great for walking to work and back and in the Lakes over Christmas. Best buy this year!! I'll use them even when a doddery old pensioner going to the post office for my pension on icy pavements in years to come- or send the toy boy....
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sun 7th Nov 2010, 20:22
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I found the inov8 lightweight boots gave me blisters, very light but far inferior to Brasher Superlight boots, a deceptive comfortable fit but let me down over 20 + miles
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 4th Nov 2010, 20:04
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I wear Inov8s. I like them as they are light. BUT they are getting very pricey. £90 for trainers? And they smell to high heaven! Unlike those heavy leather boots which don't whiff .

I have tried out those paragliding boot things (roclite390) I got them for £50 in a sale on internet.
and they are great for toe comfort and light weight. But the goretex lining wore out after a few wears. (thats wears not years!) Still- they are so comfy for my toes that I will suffer the wet feet until the freezing cold conditions!!

I now look for offers on the internet before I pay full price for the pair I want. In the summer i use flyroc 310s. beautiful and comfortable and light weight. Again very smelly! If anyone says wet dogs smell then they haven't smelt wet inov8s!
I have read that Inov8 now do a leather boot- very light weight. I will await the reviews after the winter season to find out how good they are.
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Fri 22nd Oct 2010, 15:51
Advice on footwear is always problematical. Just find something that suits and then buy several pairs before they become discontinued. The only thing I found out is that price is not a guide to comfort.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Wed 20th Oct 2010, 20:23
Local Group: Mid Wales
I wear Roclite trainers, which seem to suit me ok, but other models of innov8 trainers don't. With so many shoes/boots you take a bit of a punt, they may feel fine in the shop but after 50 miles you know whether they really do suit you. Many years of trial and error (and expense), and as soon as you find a goodie - they change the model!! Matt.
Posted: Wed 20th Oct 2010, 19:58
These were the very pair I'm considering and this was my only reservation, being waterproof would also meen they hold the water in. I think I will give them a go, im told you can buy small gaitors to fit from inov 8
Thanks for your reply
Posted: Wed 20th Oct 2010, 19:58
These were the very pair I'm considering and this was my only reservation, being waterproof would also meen they hold the water in. I think I will give them a go, im told you can buy small gaitors to fit from inov 8
Thanks for your reply
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Wed 20th Oct 2010, 15:01
Hi Robert, I wear Roclite 318 model which has a Goretex lining which keeps water out but also keeps it in if it goes over the top. I have found very good but I would say essential you try before you buy. The fit is the key ingredient. As with any lightweight gear it is prone to wear out sooner than heavy duty gear.
Posted: Tue 19th Oct 2010, 11:56
im interested in buying a pair of inov 8 shoes for my winter walking. The range is huge and confusing, can anybody offer any advice or have any experience in using any of the range

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law