Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Welsh International Four Day Walks

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 4th Nov 2010, 19:40
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Thanks for that. I have added it to my favs so I can find it for next year.
Author: Roderick J. Hollands
Posted: Thu 28th Oct 2010, 21:11
Local Group: South Wales
I agree with Jane entirely. These are fine walks which usually have a 'goal'. Day 1 this year saw us visit the lovely hamlet of Rhandirmwyn and the Royal Oak pub (or tea rooms depending on your desired beverage) and Day 2 was spent walking around Llyn Brianne and up the lovely Doethie Valley. I am sure Days 3 and 4 were just as fulfilling and I was sad to miss them (and the wine).
I did all 4 walks last year and enjoyed them a great deal.The area around Llanwrtyd Wells is very very rural, there is minimal traffic on the minor roads when these are used and many miles are spent passing through remote and tranquil areas. They are organized and run by a real great bunch of people who make you welcome and will go the extra mile to ensure you have a good day out.
The Real Ale Ramble visits the Abergwesyn Valley. The 25 mile route carries on to Llyn Brianne- the 'pub' here has the finest views of any in the country and great real ale as well. Ankle problems preclude me from doing the event this year but I can recommend it.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Mon 11th Oct 2010, 10:39
Local Group: Mid Wales
This is a bit late, but I just wanted to say what a good event this is. Put it in your calendar for next year. Four days, 3 distances - up to 25 miles - each day( although the second day was more like 30!), fantastic scenery, lots of good hills, very few forestry tracks, some nicely eccentric route marking to keep us on our toes. All CPs had tea and coffee made to order (Thankyou Norman) freshly baked cakes and at the very last CP of the series - a glass of wine if we felt like it. Entertainment in the evenings, Real Ale, good food. Check out the Green Events website and see you next year, or at the Real Ale Ramble in November. Jane

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law