Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Dorset Giant - full event report now available / Giant's Daughter 2011

Author: Al Rodger
Posted: Sun 8th Aug 2010, 10:24
Local Group: Dorset
CORRECTION - Don't click that link below, cut & paste the address. (Clicking lands me up at a pass word screen.)
Author: Al Rodger
Posted: Sun 8th Aug 2010, 10:17
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Fri 6th Aug 2010, 15:11
You can now see a full event event report for the 2010 Giant at

http://www.btinternet.com/~hardy.annual/dorsetgiant2010eventreport.doc

And, we are now accepting entries for next year's "Giants Daughter"

This will have a 20 mile option and a slightly extended 30 (ish) mile tough route (it will be nearer 32 miles) to visit the lovely and remote Lyscombe Chapel which is now officially encouraged to be used as a walker's refuge and shelter - the like of which, I do not think you will have seen before. Believe me, kids.

But, for this nice challenge walk, we have to limit entries to 150, and there is no entry on the day. When it is full... it is full.

This is because of the limited parking in Stratton village. Entrants who can car share are going to be very welcome..

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law