Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Warning - has your EHIC card expired?

Author: Paul Miller
Posted: Thu 5th Aug 2010, 23:14
I was also shocked to discover that mine had also expired. Like you, I thought that once it was issued, you had it for life. I cannot see any logic for them to have a limited validity. Luckily, I noticed in time and should receive minee a week before I go on holiday. Better check those cards before you need them.
Author: Alex White
Posted: Thu 22nd Jul 2010, 19:58
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I was recently shocked to find that I had spent 3 weeks walking in France with an out of date EHIC card. I had no idea they were not for life. If any LDWA member is also a bit vague, I suggest you check before setting off abroad. It was very easy to renew (free) on the internet, and my new card arrived a few days after. NB some travel insurance, notably with the AAC, is only valid if you use your EHIC card to the max first.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law