Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Nostalgia

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 27th Jul 2010, 8:49
Local Group: Marches
Thank you very much Elton - you've made my day :-)
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 26th Jul 2010, 20:29
Local Group: Surrey
I don't believe a word of it, Rebecca, not the loss of femininity bit anyway, and nor will any other male who you have jogged past.

The booze: well, at least you burn it off in regular Ultras.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 26th Jul 2010, 13:01
Local Group: Marches
I was only the other day looking at a photo of myself taken 15 years ago before I started challenge walking and running. My skin was soft and my legs were very feminine and slender.....now my face has more lines than an O/S maps and my legs resemble a footballers - normally covered in in scratches and rashes from thistles and bruises from banging them over stiles, and giant calf muscles, not to mention the permanent black toe nails....wouldn't have it any other way though - come the autumn they are well covered up!.....

As for drinking well my vice has got worse - desperately trying (and failing) to stick to 14 units a week - shamefully when I totted it up it was 35.......now more like 25, but hey, you have to have a reward at the end of a long walk....??
Posted: Sat 17th Jul 2010, 22:47
Any body looked at an old photo and said “Hell”.
Today I got sent three photo’s via the net taken between 1969 and 70. There I was no beard but full head of brown hair and wearing a shirt and tie and as brown as a berry.
And I thought, when these were taken, I was smoking 40 a day, drinking 10 or 12 cans of Tiger beer + several rum and cokes a night. To get back to barracks meant dodging past or joining the Snow Drops depending who was in their mess or on the gate. Take the Mick out of the Rock Apes patrolling the perimeter fence. Walk past or dodge the orderly sergeant and collapse in bed till 05:00, when it was time to go on duty. How am I still alive.
Now when I collapse on the bed, it’s because I have just driven back from a challenge walk or got off the bike after a long ride (and no dirty puns needed from certain people) No fags for the past 30 years but maybe a glass or possibly two of sweet Sherry. As tonight.
How things have changed.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law