Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - DORSET DODDLE - AUGUST 22nd - GIANTS DAUGHTER APRIL 3rd 2011

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 7th Jul 2010, 9:08
Local Group: Dorset
Eileen, I am sure there is a potential market in the LDWA for a "100 compliant" all terrain zimmer with built in GPS, luggage rack and rain cover - and possibly en suite facilities and a mini bar. You saw it here first....

mike
Posted: Wed 7th Jul 2010, 9:08
Eileen, I am sure there is a potential market in the LDWA for a "100 compliant" all terrain zimmer with built in GPS, luggage rack and rain cover - and possibly en suite facilities and a mini bar. You saw it here first....

mike
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Tue 6th Jul 2010, 23:08
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Oh dear. How are us workng folks supposed to ask/book for hols for next year I wonder. The calender isn't out yet. I might not even be alive! I will save anything to book holiday wise for the 100 and the 100 reccy. Marshalls? Get me if you can! Role on retirement- with my zimmer.. what is the record for a zimmer frame for the 100 I wonder??
Posted: Tue 6th Jul 2010, 9:43
The entry limit for the Dorset Doddle of 250 has now been reached, and no further entries can be accepted - in a departure from previous year's procedures there will be NO entries on the day.

But, if you missed this, you can look forward to entering the 2011 Dorset LDWA "Giants Daughter" in April next year. We are offering the alternative of a 20 mile and 32 mile route in the beautiful and interesting chalk downland country north of Dorchester. The 32 mile will be slightly different from the 2009 GD, because the route now includes a circuit of the extraordinary and remote Lyscombe Bottom, and it is quite a challenge (with more than a few hills) but mostly on good tracks and paths - so a fast (ish) time is possible.

NOTE : there will be a limit of 140 entries and no EOD - and we had to turn away a lot of potential entrants last time, so look out for the GD entry form, on our website later this year.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law