Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Peakers Stroll

Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Mon 5th Jul 2010, 19:46
Local Group: Staffordshire
Hi Rebecca, Just wondering if you fed back your comments to the organisers of this walk, as it is highly unlikely they will read the LDWA forum.
I was unable to participate on this event this year - but I do agree it is another treasure of a walk.
Louise
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 5th Jul 2010, 8:20
Local Group: Marches
Great event, starting from Peak Forest, and very challenging route. Hardly any road at all which was really good. Nice meal at the end. Shame they don't put the cost of the sandwiches onto the entry fee for the half way point rather than asking for donations at this check point- didn't have any cash on me so felt embarassed to take a sandwich, and donations are always a bit embarassing - how much is a fair donation? There was also a 'rule' at the start that runners entering as walkers would 'not be acknowledged' - not sure what this actually meant. Being as I always both run and walk does that mean I was effectively cheating??
Apart from these minor gripes it was a fantastic event, raising money for the choir.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law