Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Housman Hundred On-line

Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Wed 16th Jun 2010, 17:08
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Thanks for that. A few errata on the qualifying walks page

1) There is no White Cliffs 50 this year, just a 30/15 I think (and Kent Group's website confirms). It should be back in 2012 when the Sussex Stride and Surrey Tops have had their turn.
2) You're missing the 2010 Dorset Giant.
3) The Round Rotherham Run has (I think permanently) moved to October. See here.

Apart from those, major kudos for allowing the Across Wales Walk (it's always a little ridiculous when that's omitted and a bunch of 50 mile field plodders are left in) and for clarifying the position regarding incomplete 100s.

I'll update that current draft route on Grough (based on the description from 06/2009) in the next couple of weeks once I've had chance to read through the new files. Has anything much changed?
Author: Geoff Sproson
Posted: Wed 16th Jun 2010, 12:09
Local Group: Marches
The web site for the 2011 Housman Hundred, starting from Ludlow in Shropshire is now available at www.housmanhundred.co.uk.
The site has its own forum and a provisional route descriptions can be downloaded.
Once finalised the route will be printed onto one centred 1:50000 map which will be supplied to all entrants, this will be accompanied by the route description.
We will be taking entries from LDWA members from December 1st and non-members from January 2011. You will be able to enter online, but as with Cant Canolbarth payments will be by post together with a disclaimer confirming your acceptance of the rules and your eligibility to take part.
There are links to help with travel and accommodation, a little local history and when I have walked the route some images of our "Blue Remembered Hills" to whet your appetite.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law